Using Essential Oils. Oils are seriously the best thing to ever happen to your face!
When I mention to people that they use oils and oil based products to cleanse and care for their skin, I must admit that the look of shock is something that I have grown to expect and even somewhat enjoy. The fact is that oils and oil based products are amazing for all of your skincare needs.
1. Relax, oil is your friend. No, honestly. It really & truly is.
2. All oils are not created equal. I am not suggesting that what you fry your chicken in would make for a great facial moisturizer or cleanser, so keep reading.
3. High quality carrier oils and essential oils can not only deeply clean the skin, they can nourish it at a level that common cleansing products cannot.
We are a culture that believes in being squeaky clean & to do so means having lots & lots of products to clean our bodies and our homes. We believe that soap and suds and lots of’em is the only way to clean and be clean, but that simply isn’t true.
4. Shea butter, castor oil and olive oil to name a few are wonderful surfactants. Surfactants are typically spoken of in conjunction with detergents. They are interesting because they have two aspects – one that attracts water, but then another that has the ability to break up dirt and oil. Because of these amazing surfactant qualities, oils have the same ability to cleanse just like lathering products do – if not better. Oils clean and hydrate without the skin feeling disrupted. Cleansing and hydrating with oils is incredibly gentle on the skin. Needless to say, they’re a no brainer for normal to dry skin types.
5. It may seem completely counter intuitive, but oily skin types benefit the most from cleansing & hydrating with oils. Without harshly stripping the skin to cleanse it, the oil glands do not get stimulated & produce more oil. Cleansing and hydrating with high quality oils sends the message to the oil glands that “there is enough” and surprisingly they produce less oil.
6. Cystic acne is a skin condition that is difficult to treat and upsetting to those that have it. It is characterized by having bacteria trapped at the root of the pores. By cleansing with oil, acne & cystic acne prone skins get the benefit of being deeply cleansed yet calmed at the same time. The partnership of calming and cleansing simultaneously is why Hush + Dotti skincare has been so successful at clearing up acne, blemishes and cystic acne. Cleansing deeply without stripping or irritating is where the magic lies in clearing up an upset complexion.
See, I told you that oil is your friend! Using Hush + Dotti products and embracing oils for all of your skincare needs will make you just as passionate as we are about oils. Within a short time, you will see the radiance return to your complexion. The compliments you’ll receive on your glowing skin will absolutely astound and delight you.